Friday, June 15, 2007

Outside Cat


Yes we are lucky cats in New Zealand. We are allowed out to roam around whenever we want. Some states in Australia have bylaws that mean cats have to come in from dusk to dawn. This is usually to protect local wildlife and native birds. Many councils in New Zealand would also like this come in here and just this week a couple of councils are trying to limit households to having a maximum of two cats only.
Mum has tried to teach me some road sense and when I was little I would wander down the front of the house to where the cars are parked. Mum would follow me and chase me away from the cars. She hopes it has worked and that I am being very careful. We live in a cul-de-sac so there isn't too much passing traffic. Mum is probably more nervous that someone will steal me because I am so cute!!!
Poppy Q

4 comments:

  1. Poppy Q, you are very very cute. I hope no one would ever try to snatch you! I see you are wearing a pretty collar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, we hope you never get hurt outside and that no one will snatch you. I think my mommie would be worried too. We have to stay inside always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are cute and my mommy would worry too. We wouldn't like it much if we were limited to two cats. Mommy likes that the furballs got to stay together.

    ReplyDelete