- A day off work is good says mum, especially when she gets to sleep in and go to the hairdresser, beats a day at work.
- Breakfast of salami on toast while watching the boat race at 8am in her pyjamas on the couch is also good, even though we lost one race and the second one got called off. It is going to be exciting on Saturday morning.
- Getting the living room tidied up and dishes done while listening to more Desert Island Discs.
- While at the hairdressers, there was a big thunder and lightening storm and of course it was pouring as mum left the hairdresser. She did however run into her bestie at the bus stop.
- Mum and her bestie then went to the Belgian beer bar round the corner which was really full as lots of locals sheltered from the storm. Luckily the girls only had to wait five minutes to get a table.
- Mum ordered the Pork Belly salad, which mum thinks was the best salad she has ever had - delicious!!
- Then because she had salad, she felt ok ordering the waffle with fresh fruit salad - also delicious!! Mum's tummy is now very full.
- Getting home to find that the nice neighbour had left a bag on her doorknob with some lemons inside.
- Giving me my feast and chatting together for the rest of the evening. Mum told me all about her lovely day. I told her all about sleeping.
1 hour ago