Thursday, May 28, 2015

Scent of a Cat

So today mum started work at 7am early, which meant a 5am alarm clock call.  Last night was the first night all year that I have marched into the bedroom to sit on her all night.  So she slept well.

So she finished her work at 3pm, and to loosen up her hips and knees, that she says were all kinked up after sleeping in one position all night, mum went for a little old walk.  She wishes she had taken her camera, as the twilight light was just lovely, and the waves were high and the water full of surfers rugged up in thick winter wetsuits.

Mum went looking for slippers that she did not find in her size, so bought a hot water bottle for me she says (say what???), and a tshirt.  Then she got some groceries.  A little peri peri chicken for her with some potato salad for her and a feast was fixed for me.

While walking back along the beach a lovely little airdale terrier came running up to mum.  Mum gave him a pat and told him to go back to his mum.  His mum called out and said that he never goes to anyone - did mum know him.  Turns out mum knew his aunty who was there, but had never met him.  Then she asked if mum had a cat.  The thing is that he can sniff cat smells out from anywhere.  Mum thought she was the dog whisperer.  Turns out, I have imparted my scent on mum.  As soon as she got home, the jeans were going in the wash.  (all that hard work rubbing up against her, and I am just going to have to start all over again).


10 comments:

  1. Ah! Pussy~cat smells...There there for ever....Bless!
    So! Mum bought you a hot water bottle...Nice!
    But! Hey! Poppy!x Why did she buy you a T~Shirt......! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, dear, it's true that doggies like to read our jeans like a newspaper. At work I sometimes walk past an extremely dignified K-9 officer who drops his dignity long enough to scan me for gossip about my family of felines. They return the gesture when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad moms do not understand all the hard work we do.
    WE think that doggie was saying "Hi" to you :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah! I think the dog was saying hello, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why wash the jeans and get rid of that lovely Poppy scent?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the only beings who could smell you were dogs and other cats, Poppy! We kitties do pretty awesome secret scents. BTW, I think this qualifies YOU as the dog whisperer, instead of your human, MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some doggies just love kitties and head for any smell of kitties. My cat ignores the smell of other cats on me but is very interested when I've been around a dog :)

    We think you'll like that hot water bottle. Not sure who the tee was for but don't think you'd like wearing one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. poppy Q...yea we iz sayin say what two...a hot water bottle for EWE ~~~ good one mum !! { ya noe her coulda done with out de burd ~~~ } ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mum gets sniffed by dogs all the time, cuz my scent is all over here. Hot water bottle? Is she implying she doesn't like you sleeping on her? I sleep on mum all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dog was interested in you Poppy. My mum has given up trying to get my fluff off her clothes. Her car seat and her chair at the office are also covered with my fluff. Keep warm poppy! P.s. My mum bought a hot water bottle for me because of our chilly spring nights.

    ReplyDelete