Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Icy


 The temperatures have dropped today and it is icy cold, nearly freezing.    Mum feels old, as so many of her work colleagues seemed surprised that it was going to be a rainy cold afternoon as the weather turned southerly.  It seems that no one checks the weather forecasts at all, even though they are constantly on their phones all day.  At least half have fitbits or apple watches, all with weather apps on them.  The morning skies were also bright pink, a warning in itself. 

Mum had taken her jacket and umbrella in her bag, but it was too windy for an umbrella in our town today, but she still got soaked.  So she now has a woolly jumper on and her sheepskin uggs.  Both heaters are on and she's off to bed to read.  She is reading The French Agent by Belinda Alexandra and enjoying it.

5 comments:

  1. That is the first thing I do every morning, check the weather on the PC. As your mum says, it must be an older person thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We check the weather here early on. This morn it is disappointing to see we will continue to have a few snow flakes instead of sun and warmth. Hope your mum does not get the bronchitis from the wet weather, Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check the weather daily too. My information is often contradictory. As in a "clear" sky reported when it is actually quite foggy. I hope Mum and you stay dry and warm and thanks for the book title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its icy cold here too little Poppy ... with a cold southerly blowing. I need to go out & mow my lawns this afternoon - I hope there is some warmth in the watering looking sun that is trying to come through. Yesterday I worked on a sewing order with a heated wheatbag in my lap! If its any consolation to Mum, I feel old too. I think when it is cold the best place is your bed with a good book. Keep warm both of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icy and near freezing? But it just turned autumn there. I fear you might be in for a cold winter, Poppy. Keep your mum warm.

    ReplyDelete