Thursday, September 15, 2022

Thursday


 There are lots of photos of me sleeping,  as this takes up most of my time now.  I choose my comfy spot and curl up for the day.  I did get up and greet mum when she got home this evening,  ready for my dinner.  I'm 16 in October and winding down, as all pensioners do.

Mum continues to watch the news.  She did not expect that she would tear up about the Queen, but she finds it all terribly moving.  She's planning to stay up and watch the funeral on Monday evening.   She's planning her food and snacks,  and might dust off a bit of vodka.  She has a day off on Tuesday so can sleep in with me.

5 comments:

  1. Poppy it is sad for the entire world. However you will be a bright spot in your mum's day on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, you're entitled to sleep as much as you want to. ♥

    The biped also continues to watch the news, and has been live-streaming from BBC quite a bit. She, too, will watch as much of the funeral as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hoomin has been streaming news from the UK and Australia all week too and has the same plans. I have been busy snuggling with her as I can tell she is a bit sad. I hope you and Mum will be a comfort for each other. Lukas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sleep a lot too these days and I am only 14. Mum has been watching lots too. Mum likes your idea of having something to toast Her Majesty. Although it would be an early AM toast here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up a royalist - lots of memories of my grandma talking about the queen coming back. Loved David Beckham lined up with the public for hours in memory of his grandparents. I will be watching too. If I was in England I possibly may have lined up - not sure.

    ReplyDelete