Sunday, September 18, 2022

Window Shopping


 Mum got washing on the line, then met a bestie for brunch.  She had a tasty beef, bacon and mushroom pie and a chocolate eclair- double pastry is always good.  She walked off the carbs for a while, and stopped by the fabric store.  She was almost tempted to buy some linen to make a skirt, but remembered that she hasn't used her sewing machine in 10 years, she gave her sewing machine away and she seldom wears skirts.  So she walked away, and got herself a couple of treats.  

Tonight after a tasty dinner, the washing is in and mum watched a show called Life After Life, that she recorded.  It was so good, she would highly recommend.   Based on a Kate Arkinson novel, it is the story of Ursula, who born in 1910 finds her life lived over and over again, each time with a different ending.

So off to bed now, mum has sn early start on Monday and needs to prepare for staying up for the Queens funeral, which we get to see on Monday night here.

6 comments:

  1. Here in Chicago, Illinois USA we are getting up at 4:00am to watch the Queen's funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Mum enjoyed the day and that program. I liked the book. I'll be up early to watch the Queen's funeral here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mum is like me: I think I would like to do something, but recall I haven't done it in years (or have never done it) and wouldn't be any good at it. Best to buy the treats. I'm working Monday but will have the Queen's funeral on my computer; hopefully the boss won't notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun place to visit for sewing. I do some but like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum had a sewing machine like that. She gave me one for my 21st birthday which had been converted to electric. At least I have a modern one now, not that I use it very often. When I was a teenager I made most of my own clothes, and for my friend too. Now I have absolutely no interest in sewing, probably because I spent 16 years in Clarks shoe factory sewing for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lunch with a bestie is one of my favorite things to do, and dessert just makes it that much better!

    I've got to work tomorrow, the funeral starts at 6 AM for us, and I'll watch what I can while I get ready for work - and I'll have to see if I can peak at it at work in between patients. --Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete