Thursday, August 15, 2013

Earlybirds

Mum was up earlybird for work this morning.  She says that the mornings are getting a bit brighter and lighter too.  Starting early (7am), means finishing early at 3pm and being able to go and get some groceries after work, and get home and give me the feast.  Mum says that she may have to head to bed early tonight too and catch up on some sleeps, so that she is productive tomorrow.

Mum says one of the hardest bits about her job is the constantly changing  start and finish times.  This weeks she has started work at  five different times varying between 7am, 8am, 10am and 2pm.  This means she never gets to wake up at the same time each day, and her sleeping rhythms get interrupted.  Luckily I am a good sleep buddy and keep her company whenever she heads off to bed.


11 comments:

  1. I bet your a lovely sleep buddy Poppy...! :).
    At least you keep your self fit...
    plenty of scratching...Keep those claws nice and sharp..!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for you, Miss Pops. I would be one crankified Momma if I didn't get my sleeps on schedule. Once in a while is alright... like vacation! But, please, not on a regular basis for me!

    Have a perfectly lovely day, ladies! You know I will since my cruise begins today! Hello, 9 days of life on the sea!

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's a good thing you're there to save the day poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The changing times for rising and going to bed would kill me. Applause to your mum for being able to cope, Poppy Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the bestest to help your Mum sleep. With such a wacky schedule I bet she's thankful to have your snuggles to help her cope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a tough schedule! We are glad you are there to help her rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brent had shift work this week and I totally lost sleep (dosing on and off waiting for him to get home) It must be quite hard to get your body into a routine.
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like your human never gets to have a routine, Poppy! My human would be tired all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. poppy Q....noe wunder yur mom forgets ta feed ewe 8 cans oh feast each day...her canna tell if her iz a wake N goin to werk or at werk N stayin a wake ore goin home ta catch sum ZZZZZ's....

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so lucky to have you miss poppy. Hope mum gets some rest too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete