Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Remembering Puss Angel


This was Puss, mums cat before me. Mum was thinking about her being at the bridge, because of the recent loss of all of our friends.


When Puss died, the vets let you take the body to bury at home, or they can take her for you or they get her cremated privately. Mum chose to have Puss cremated, and a week later they rung to say the ashes were ready. They were in a lovely sealed wooden box with Puss engraved on a plaque on top. Now they sit in mums bedroom on top of the to be read book pile, close by her picture.
We like to have Puss nearby. At mums brothers house he has two dogs in the lounge room, and Mums mum ashes are in the bedroom. It must be a family thing.
Poppy Q

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure Puss likes being home with your mommy too. Mommy's woofies are also in nice boxes and close by.
    Puss was a lovely girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This way, Puss will always be close by. My Mommie is sorry that when the Cat-Who-Came-Before had to go to the Bridge, she did not get his ashes back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a happy-sad time to think of those who have already left us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet looking puss!

    I too have had my wee ones separately cremated, when I get the wooden box back I've buried it in the garden (below the lilac hedges) being convinced they'll become one with the earth. However, ahem, I discovered last year that when it rains heavily the boxes kind of rises and well, if one looks closely there's a tiny Polstergeist-the-movie part of the Paradise garden...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to keep your loved ones close. Our Beans have a garden where all the cats who went before are buried. Each one has a rose bush planted above them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puss looks like a sweet kitty. Cheers, Puss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Momma's woofie who came before was buried in her backyard in a garden. They moved so she can never go back there. Momma won't leave any fur babies behind again. She thinks people might think her a bit morbid but she had designed a crypt for her and daddy they want to build when they have the money and it will have room all the fur babies to be with them. ~Queen Snickers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puss was a very beautiful girl :-) My cat who came before was a pretty tabby, like Puss. She is buried here and I wish we'd had her cremated. I know when we move (one day we will) I won't be able to take her with me. Our dog who passed 2 years ago we did have cremated. It's comforting to me to have them near.

    ReplyDelete