Thursday, June 15, 2023

So


 So this one is hard for mum to write.  Today mum took me to the vet, as I've been having a few twitchy movements.  Just occasionally and mum wanted me checked out.  We had a lovely vet, who was kind and gentle.   Friends I've lost a lot more weight and condition.   She did ask if they could take a blood test, but mum doesn't want me to undergo any more invasive tests.  She knew this time was coming, but I'm not ready for the bridge yet.

I'm eating and drinking and still running out to greet mum at the door when she gets home.  I'm still jumping on my mums bed and asking for scrtiches or a quick snuggle.

This was me when I got home from the vet, warming up by the heater after I asked for my fancy feast and had a big drink.  

So mum is going to love me each day and give me lots of snuggles.  

8 comments:

  1. Dearest Poppy, you hang in there and give your mum as many snuggles and purrs as you can so that she can store them up. We are certainly putting out lots of purrs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy and mum, I'm already crying for you both, grief in advance. Tell your mum to stay focused on you in the Present Moment as much as possible, for as long as possible. My thoughts and prayers are with you both, always. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Poppy, sending purrs. Mum has a white-ish tulip but not that white. She did see some really white ones when she went to the tulip farm last month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Poppy. I am sending love to you and your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the best thing she can do Poppy ! If you are still eating and drinking and loving you still have some more loving times together. We end you and your Mom purrayers and Power of the Paw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poppy, I just wrote a blog-article about my big boy, Renn. He's your age and is weakening and losing his coordination. This is very hard for us humans, very hard for your mum. I know your mum will take care of you the best any person can, in every way. My best thoughts to you, Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Poppy, Your mum loves you so much it is so hard for her. She will give you all the love she can in the time you have, it is always a sad to know our beloved furry friends will never stay as long as we want them to but you are very much loved. Enjoy each day together. xxx

    ReplyDelete