Thursday, November 28, 2013

Decorate

It is getting close to being the season of pulling out the decorations  ready for Christmas.  Mum bought these little string of lights last week, and loves how they sparkle on the mantelpiece.  She doesn't need any more, as we have plenty of other little bits and pieces from years gone by.  Mum likes her decorations on the simple side, and her and her friends chuckle each year as they search for the ugliest decorations they can find.  This year they found a garish monkey on a unicycle, but nothing beats the neon blowfish from ten years ago.  The girls wonder who bought them, and if they still hang them up on their tree.  Mum doesn't have much storage or room for a big tree, so she usually just have a miniature tree and lots of sparkly lights.


12 comments:

  1. That looks sweet. Love the little house. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little fairy lights are lovely, Poppy. Mum will buy a little tree for us but place up high so I am not tempted to play with the decorations. Meow, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely, I too like it on the understated side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!

    We love the ugly ornament story. My Mommy and her sister compete for ugly flamingo decorations. MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty and simple! We aren't decorating this year, but when we do, my human likes gaudy and ironic. She hates to admit it, but she's a hipster like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think minimalist is better. Here, the streets are also lighted up but not as gaudy as before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep things simple to Poppy!x
    Since my daughter went off to Uni..
    Goodness! 18yrs ago, l never bother with a tree.
    Just my crib, which always looks very special, when l set it up. AND....It's the same crib, l had as a boy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty!!

    I haven't been able to put up a tree since moving to the Swamp. There simply isn't room for a tree. I thought I would miss it but as it turns out, I don't. I put out a few simple decorations and call it good.

    Have yourself a very lovely day, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lights look pretty! I used to do more in the house, but have scaled back over the past few years. It just seems to be too much work for only me--and then it all has to be packed away after the holidays anyway. LOL. Laziness in my middle age?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lights look pretty. We just have an artificial tree.

    ReplyDelete