Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday Nite

Mum had another busy day at work, but once it was over she took herself off for a little walk as the evening was lovely and warm.   She did get off to bed early last night, but her busy brain woke her early just after 5am.  So this evening was another quiet one.  An easy supper for her and a feast for me.  Then mum pottered about, and mum helped me catch up on some of the blogs we like to read.  Tonight was tinged with sadness too, as mum misses her 8pm Sunday nite phone calls to Gdad.  It has been just over 10 years since her mum died, so over 520 phone calls each Sunday nite to catch up on the weeks happenings, always a discussion on the weather, and what they had eaten for dinner.  Luckily Big Uncle and Sister in law tolerate mums need for such things and help fill the void.

Hope you all have had a nice weekend and got some relaxing done.

10 comments:

  1. It takes quite a while, if at all, getting
    over loosing someone Poppy!x At least if
    you have lovely happy memories, that's what
    counts! And, family are very important to!

    Now! What are you up to with that tail of
    yours....!!! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrs to your human. I know she is sad, and that today's routine meant so many other things to her than a mere phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy, tell your mum to give herself the time and space she needs to work through the grief and adopt a new Sunday night routine. It's good she has other family to call, we're glad she does. Hugs and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Takes a bit of time to get over loosing someone, but you already know that. Thankfully you have Poppy. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy, please tell your Mum we're sending much love, purrs and prayers. We're glad she has Big Uncle, Sister and you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're certain your mum bean enjoys having you nearby when she is feeling a little sad. Our mom bean says she wishes there were phones in heaven as Sunday was her day to call home too.

    Purrs and hugs.
    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sending purrs to your mum, and my mum sends hugs. We are glad she has Big Uncle and Sister in law to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My late Mum had Alzheimer's and couldn't tell me from a courgette but I still miss the little routine things that went on with her. I can only imagine how your mum must feel with the loss of Gdad.
    It's a really a sad and unsettling feeling knowing both of ones parents are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mum has wonderful memories of Gdad and these will help her get through such a sad time. Keep her close, Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a friend I called every Sunday for similar discussions. She died a year ago in January. I still feel as though I'm not doing something I should Sunday nights. You are a great comfort to your mum, Poppy, I know.

    ReplyDelete