Saturday, August 7, 2021

4th


 Mums microwave oven started emitting a smoky horrible smell on Thursday, so mum is awaiting the new replacement.   She chose this one and it should be here next week. 

She has had 3 microwaves in the past.  A big brown one that her parents gave her as a 21st present.  It weighed about 30kg and she used it for 18 years until one day it caught itself on fire  and died.  The last 2 have been Panasonic ones that have been ok but mum thought it time for a change.  This silver one was on special so mum thought at 40% off it would be fine.  She only ever uses one for reheating leftovers or heating up soup.  So we are waiting for the couriers door knock.

6 comments:

  1. What fun. Getting something new can be such fun. I’m a bit of a stick in the mud and I hate reading directions. I keep something like Mums burning oven till like her necessity means I have to change. I just bought a new phone recently . Only the 2nd one since they came into being. I kept cutting people off but got that bit sorted now. Have no idea how to take a photo. Pushed a side button and got 111. Oops. Have a good degree in the arts. My brain was left without instructions. Or do I just hate them 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same small microwave for 21- 25 years now, certainly as long as I've been in the townhouse. I keep waiting for it to die, lol. Like your mum, Poppy, I only use it to reheat things. You'll have to let us know if your mum likes the new one, and if so, what brand it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Microwaves are such a convenience for reheating food. Would certainly miss mine if it were out of order.
    Hope yours gets home on time as offered and mum has something good to heat up in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it comes quickly and in good shape. Some deliveries here have been impacted by COVID. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice looking microwave, Poppy! We had to get a new one about two years ago, after our old one stopped working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mum's first micro-wave oven sounds like mine. It's from about 1980, I think, weighs as much as a Volksagen Beetle and probably throws more radiation outside than inside - but it's sitll working. The interior light bulb at last died; I hope that's not a portent...

    ReplyDelete