Thursday, October 17, 2013

Relaxaday

The mumster and I had a little relaxing day today.  We got to sleep in, and mum spent an hour getting dressed and ready, not that you could tell the difference.  The sun was a shining and had a lot of warmth and was fabulous.  It is much cooler inside the house, than out in the garden so the doors were opened while some of the chores were done.

Mum is still obsessed with listening to Desert Island Discs, so she went for a walk.  A quick stop at the post office was made and then a visit to the library, only four books today.  Then a little clothes browsing and essentials at the supermarket, toothpaste, buns, ham, coleslaw, grapes, mandarins, sour creams and some mince.  So mum then had a roll sitting in the sun reading her book and talking to me.  She made some mince/chilli bean nachos for her dinner and I had the fancy feast.

She has to admit to a quick nap then dinner was digested.  A bit of x-factor and Bobs burgers, then mum is going to continue on with reading her book.  She has six days of work to get though now - the countdown is on.

8 comments:

  1. Toothpaste on a bun...mmmmM!
    New to me!!! HeHe!
    Desert Island Discs...Wonder if that's the same one we get over here!
    It's been going for years, l remember it as a boy...Thought they would have asked me by now! Lovely desert island...With nothing but...Pussy-cats...Heaven! And, you of course Poppy!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! I haven't read a book since my cruise. Painting, painting, painting! And eating with family visitors. And wine. haha!

    Have a lovely day, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've never had Desert Island Discs in Canada, but I've heard of it. It's good to know it's still going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe...

    I was readin' your post and at first glance I thought your "and some mince" was "and some MICE." I thought to myself, what a thoughtful & considerate mum you have, pickin' up some mice for you. Then I realized it was just mince. *sighs*

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's terrible when work interrupts such good times, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day to me. Mum understands the work thing because she has just done her early shifts and now nights. Last night was cold and wet. Brrr. Hugs GJ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. poppy Q we iz crackin up bout ewe sayin..."not that you could tell the difference" ...two yur mum !!

    hope de next dayz goes quik lee sew her can get back ta chillaxin with ewe, readin bookz, enjoy sum fine weather N eatin fancee feast

    ewe that iz...don't let her eat yur feast....

    haza grate week oh end !!~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Mommeh says "nap and a book = heaven!"

    ReplyDelete