Monday, June 14, 2021

Naughty


 Mum would prefer that I don't go up the steps at the side of our house that lead up to the street.   My street days are over now I am old.  I used to love lying on the road or sitting next to cars in other houses we lived in.  Luckily our little street here  is quiet, but as I am slower now and easily spooked mum prefers that I stay in our backyard.

Tonight when mum took out the rubbish I made a dash upwards.  Mum knew that chasing me would only make me move faster, so she just opened the door and made some noise in the kitchen.   Back inside I came.  Sneaky.

9 comments:

  1. I wonder if the noise mum made was feast can opening. Glad you quickly
    returned to safety of home and your back yard looks too inviting for you
    to go back to the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart mum! The rattle of a treat bag usually works, if needed! You stay safe, Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOW poppy....we agreez with mum on thiz one; pleez ta stay off de street...we rememburr de dayz oh yur drivin yur red car round town ;) tho any mor; even de price oh petrol iz inn sane....sew yea, best ta stay inn side ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Poppy you are still young at heart. What fun to have a dash at the good old days. Mum was definitely sneaky. I bet she shook a packet of treats which you just couldn’t resist. Never mind I don’t think you missed much looking at the getaway., in fact , sounds like you might have used up some of your nine lives in the good old days lying on the street and close to cars. Take care sweet pops we all get a bit older and have to try to adjust. Sending you some mice in the meantime and take care. 🥰 🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Mum's noise involve a can opener? you are that street is quiet. Have a sweet night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your backyard is lovely... no reason to go anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The backyard is safer and quieter. You have no need to check the street out now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be scared of you going up the stairs, too, Poppy. I was always worried when I saw you in the street. But now and then, you'll want to see if anything has changed up there, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, Poppy, please do stay in your backyard, okay? It's beautiful and safe there, sweet one.

    ReplyDelete