Friday, June 12, 2020

Cooling Down

Brrrr it's  chilly  tonight - the met service says its 8deg C outside, but feels like 5 deg..  Mum was at work  until 7pm and she found it cold coming home.  She gave me cuddles  and popped the heaters on high before  dishing out the fancy  feast. 

Mum got a better nights sleep last night.  She was thankful for a whole 6 hours and is hoping  for the  same tonight. 

She made an appointment  for a scan of her shoulder today.  The first appointment  is in 10 days time which is ok.  She knows that she probably  has frozen shoulder which  can take several  months  to a couple  of years go resolve.   The ultrasound  is just to check out if there are any tears or other causes of pain.

Groundhog  Day is on the tele tonight.  Every  day seems to have that feeling at the moment.   Mum had to Google  when it came out - 1993 people!!  Makes her feel old. 

6 comments:

  1. Have'nt seen Groundhog Day..not a fan of Bill Murray,,
    But l have eaten a few, they make nice stews, the meat
    comes out nice and tender..!
    Shall l leave you the recipe Poppy!x HeHe! No! Perhaps
    not...! :).

    Going back to Mums shoulder, my daughter got me some
    Capsaicin Gel..on line..you can't buy it over here
    over the counter, it's made and comes from Thailand,
    it took three weeks to get here via eBay..It's not
    expensive either..it says, l'll see some results in
    one to two weeks..so we'll see..though the general
    opinion seems very good..Let you know..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ground Hog Day! Funny movie, and since Ground Hog Day is a
    bit of a holiday here in USA, it is definitely a spoof movie.
    And an oldie. Hope laughing helps and does not hurt mum's shoulder.
    Stay warm there as we heat up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum had frozen shoulder a long time ago. It got resolved with just physical therapy. Thankfully no surgery needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you on your little shopping bag dear Poppy Q. I hope Mums shoulder comes right real soon - that kind of pain is no fun at all. I did laugh when I read about Groundhog Day as I was "channel flicking" last night & came across it & thought to myself "Gosh this movie is an oldie".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of 'frozen shoulder' but it doesn't sound nice. I am glad she is getting it looked at.

    I like "Ground Hog Day" and, strangely reading that it was made in 1993 didn't strike me as a long time ago until I realised that means it was twenty-seven years ago - almost a generation! Good Heavens, I'm old.

    ReplyDelete