Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Vets



Mum got an email last week asking her to bring me back to the new vets for a followup.   I got wisked out the back straight away for a blood pressure test and some bloods got taken.  The vet was nice and did laugh when mum said that I had refused the special renal biscuits and stinky goodness.   Unfortunately they would not refund the bag of biscuits but have credited mum for the sachets.

I was pleased to get home and after all the stress I gobbled down so many biscuits that mum had to stop me, worrying that I would be sick.

The vet rung mum this afternoon and the news was not so good as my bloods were worse than 4 weeks  ago.  Mum had to hold back a tear.  She has told the vet though that she will take care of me and we will not be pursuing aggressive treatments.  Just lots of snuggles and kisses. 


10 comments:

  1. Dear dear Poppy, your mum needs lots of snuggles and I know you have them to give. Precious and I always think of you two every day. Purrs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, you and your mum have our purrs and purrayers as well. Sending lots of Light and Love and hoping you will be okay for some time yet. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy, sending you and your mum lots of love. Snuggles and love are the best medicine.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Poppy, I didn't want to read bad news. But you are in the best care with your mum and life will be good and happy because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. poppy; we iz knot reel lee bak two bloggin yet but we did see thiz post mum rited for ewe...pleez tell mum itz oh kay ta criez...pleez tell mum we understand....compleet lee....bee happee N blessed poppy ♥♥♥♥♥ st francis' blessingz ~~~~~ all wayz ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling Poppy , poor you going to the vet again. No matter how nice they are and how well meaning , once you go in you will know the “vet”smell and know what you have to go through. I know Mum will give you the best of care and look after you for a very long time yet. Do you get whitebait where you live. When I was a child and my cat had not eaten for days after an operation my Dad started giving her raw whitebait just one at a time. They were very expensive 70 years ago ! She lived for another 16 years. GiveMum my love and tell her I know what she is going through. Life can be very cruel. But you don’t know that Pops. Just enjoy the love mum gives you and I send her my prayers. ❤️ 🐭

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh look at you in your little cage there Pops. You are so precious to us ALL out here in blogland. I think Mum has made the bestest decision of all ... to just keep you going with lots of love & cuddles & your favourite foods & your shopping bags to sleep on. We all love you Poppy & we send Mum all our hugs. 💕💙❤💖

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry the vet had bad news for you, Poppy. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are sorry the news was not so good, Poppy. We are sending you and your mum lots of love and purrs.

    ReplyDelete