Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Catnapped


 I got catnapped this morning to go to the vet.  I have to have an arthritis injection every two months.  I also got my vaccination and my least favorite, a temperature check and a bit of a tummy shave as I had a couple of mats on my tummy that I wouldn't let my mum brush out.  Mum did refuse a blood test for me.  She knows I have renal disease, and she is not going the aggressive route, so no unnecessary testing for me.

We had a cold night last night.  When we went to bed it was hailing outside and the coldest night of our year.  A southerly for us blows cild and storms up from the Antarctic,  and it was a chilly morning.  When we were waiting for our uber home it was sleeting, although by 3pm the clouds had gone it is another chilly evening.  

7 comments:

  1. What a day you had and then what bad weather you had. I sure hope things change for you real soon be glad to hear that you got the mat off your tummy. They can be quite painful I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleh, sounds like a crummy day for you, Poppy--both from the poking and prodding and the stormy weather! We hope the rest of the week brings warm temps and sunshine...and lots of treats for you too, for being such a good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were wondering how helpful you find the arthritis shots, Poppy. Tama is getting a bit creaky, so maybe they would be good for her too?

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. How old is dear Poppy now? I agree re blood tests - keep her comfortable and stocked pantry of treats for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on Mum for refusing blood tests & more invasive things for you dear little Pops. Yes it was freezing here too ... & a very chilly morning. I was outside in my dressing gown bringing in more fire wood while Blackie & Pip watched me from inside in the warm 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  6. That weather sounds frightful, Poppy. We bet you feel better with that mat shaved off your tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that vet visit is over and done with, Poppy, and you got to spend a cosy evening at home, the best place to spend them.

    ReplyDelete