Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Afternooning

 It is 5:45pm and the days sun is just leaving our place.  I am sitting on the mat by the back door watching over my garden, as mum has just finished hoovering the house.  We were lazy ladies and had a late late sleep in this morning.  Mum made up for it by being busy this afternoon.  She made a bacon and egg pie for lunch, and while it was cooking she cranked up the music and cleaned out her underwear drawers.  She found lots of stuff to be chucked out, and stuff to be shredded like bills and receipts she had tucked in there.  Now she can find all of her knickers and bras.


 She had bought herself Jamies 15 minute and 30 minute meals after Christmas.  She found this Jamie Oliver chopping board in the shop last week, and even though she knew she was paying $30 for having his name on it, she did need another board.  So she told herself that if it was still there this week, she would get it.  It was, so now it lives with us, and another little blue one for chopping chicken on.
So after baking pie - and no I don't want any bacon, as I don't like people food, she baked a new recipe banana cake to use up her black bananas.  She is going to take it to work tomorrow, and see what it is like.  She did some dishes, cleaned up and is now ready for making her dinner.  She says it is some mashed potatoes, sausages and a fennel and apple slaw.  Me  - I'm having a feast myself - Chopped Grill Feast in fact.

Enjoy your Sunday everybuddy.

16 comments:

  1. Your Mum's dinner sounds pretty good. We would love to eat human food, but our Mum only lets us have a little taste. Pah! What we wouldn't give for a chicken dinner! Hope you have a lovely Sunday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Poopy, today me and mom take it easy too. Macaroni Cheese for lunch for mom & dad. Me got no lunch..still on diet. But I did have my dinner : )
    Human dinner, I still see no movement here. May be they are on diet too ; )
    Have a lovely evening
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time you start talking about your human's meals, my human wants to come over for a bite. She usually has four-minute meals - in other words, she tosses a frozen meal in the microwave. I think she needs that Jamie Oliver book - hey, it's not that much more time and I am sure it is way more nutritious. And I DO like people food, so maybe she would give me tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, our human wants to pop over and eat at your place, Poppy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our mum likes Mr. Oliver, although it always takes her a lot longer to make his meals than 15 or 30 minutes! Your dinner table sounds nomalompcious, Pops. We don't like to eat people food either, but we do like to sit in the kitchen and sniff. Have a happy week, ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, a bacon and egg pie sounds delish! I love breakfast casseroles!

    The G's are back on their Fancy Feast, Miss Pops. Have been for 3 weeks now. I'm experimenting. Instead of the really pricey prescription wet food that Gandalf needs but none of them really like and I mostly throw away I'm adding an equal amount of water to the FF and they LOVE it. So far, Gandalf has not shown any adverse effects as far as his FLUTD goes. They all polish their bowls clean! They're getting LOTS more water than they would normally have and I'm saving about @.20 a day. YAY!

    Have a lovely day. ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mum's day sounds very productive to me and the cooking and baking yummy.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, I'm saving $2.20 a day... about $66.00 a month. Shoot. That amount is $792 a year, which would pay for 2 dentals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or a cruise!!!

    OK. I'm done now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your mom is a busy lady. Mom's been home over a week and the sucking machine hasn't made it out of the closet.

    And you mom is a pawsome cook! We don't gets people food very often, though we does like a little bacon now and then, MOL

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I passed a blog award to your blog,

    mmm banana cake sounds yum but I'm meant to be on a diet which I don't enjoy.

    The farmstay guests had mince which they must of thought was prey as dragged it all over floor and made quite a mess.
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is important to be able to fine your bras and knickers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are amazed at your tiny kitch-hen, specially mum who likes lots and lots of countertops to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like your mom is a good cook! My Mommeh only cooks stuff in the microwave. On account of she is lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teri's letting us visit some of our friends on this Sun Puddle Sunday (she says it's a treat cuz we were so good for our Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day photo shoot today)...we thinks she stopped by cuz your mum's dinner sounds yummy. She's fixing some chicken tenders but not the kind we like, hahameow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're coming to your house to eat too! The meals sound lovely.
    When ever you do tasks around the house, they are so much more enjoyable if you have tools you like to work with. We vote yea on the cutting board.

    ReplyDelete