Friday, August 1, 2014

On the Fence and Hello August


Hello August - after skiting about the mild weather yesterday, you have blown in with a bit of a bang today with high winds and rain.  Thanks though for waiting til mum had got home with the groceries, she was glad to get home in one piece.  Ohh ohh - mum was not too impressed when she saw me up on the fence.  It is a long drop down to the house next door, and she would rather I didn't do the fence walk.  She does know I have skills, as I used to do this at the other house we lived out, so I am not a novice.  Luckily tonight is too windy for me to be outside.  She timed how long I spend outside, and it was less than ten seconds and I raced straight back inside.  Oh and by the way, that house you see in the background with the red strip under the roof - turns out big uncle used to live there thirty years ago when he was a young man in the city.

Mum is feeling full, she made chicken+veg+noodles for dinner and had the best salad she thinks she has ever had for her lunch.  It was half roasted vegetable salad, and half green salad+chicken+bacon.  Yummo she says.  Me - I had the feast, so the world is good.

13 comments:

  1. Oh! My goodness Poppy!x
    Don't know what to say...I'd be worried to, but, l know kittie~kitties are very clever at climbing, so, not to bad l suppose!
    And, a nice view to!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, dear, do remember that (fence) dancers keep their points out! And when dismounting, acrobats leave feet first, never head first! And use your tail, dear, use your tail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your mum is recovered from her sickness. That meal is just what she needs to recover her strength, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are brave, Poppy. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Poppy, our mom bean says she understands your mum's concern. That fence looks scary!

    Be safe, warm and dry. We've got the hots here today and the a/c will be kicking in soon.

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  6. gasp oh my Poppy Q that is terribly high - what a brave girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. poppy Q.....frank lee we think mum coulda done with OUT de hole burd entree...chcikn.....N we hope ta cod yur feast wuz knot BURD flavored...

    enjoy

    happee week oh end two all N heerz ta lemon sole & lake trout ♥

    hope yur weatherz improve...~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure you have NO problem walking on that fence, Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd try to snag some of da bacon from your mom's salad next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what you are doing being on the fence. Your mum is worrying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have confidence in you, Poppy. But all mums worry...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imaging my bella doing that. That's why she is an inside only cat! My heart would not cope with that much stress. Glad you mum got home before the weather turned. We have had another artic blast here. So we are inside with the fire going. Stay warm and safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Poppy Q, you are one talented cat! I would be pretty worried too even though I know you have the "skills".

    It was good seeing you again; it always makes me smile when I pop in and see you. Tell you Mum I said hello.

    ReplyDelete