Sunday, May 2, 2021

Frozen


 Last night was the chilliest of the year for us with the mercury dropping to 6degC .  We know our Canadian/Russian/Swedish friends may mock our shivering but it is chilly for us.  Mum had switched the electric blanket on but when she popped into bed it was stone cold.  It appeared that it chose this particular night to die.  Even I climbed between mums knees for a snooze for 30 minutes, the first knee snuggle of the year.

Mum got straight onto the Briscoes website and doing the electric blankets were half price this weekend, so a replacement was ordered (they are always having a weekend sale so no one pays full price there).  And hallelujah she got an email to say that her order has been packed and sent.  So we're on parcel watch.

9 comments:

  1. I'm very lucky..l don't feel the cold, if it's
    very cold in Jan/Feb over here l may put the
    heating on, but very low..! Oh! And, if l have
    visitors, l'll put it on, so l don't invite
    many visitors during the winter months, though
    they just turn up..! :(.

    Must go sort my shopping out, just got back from
    the supermarket, it's Italian week, so l've over
    spent a bit..! Love my salami, olives, pasta etc..! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, dear, it's very good of you to keep your mum's knees warm under the covers. Fur is so much cozier than flannel on a hot water bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was our high yesterday. LOL. (It's unseasonably cold right now.) However, we're NOT mocking you! That's way too cold to be living with only a heater or two, not central heating. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chilliest night of the year isn't the time for a warming blanket to die. Let's hope the replacement arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're sorry your blanket chose such a bad time to die, Poppy and Mum. We do hope that parcel arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one can sleep comfy with cold bed, Poppy. Glad to hear a remedy is on the way
    as your winter time creeps in closer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the much-desired parcel arrives quickly. Enjoy your snuggles in the meantime, Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6 degrees C is plenty cold for this California kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do enjoy the midwife too ๐Ÿ˜Š My electric blanket is my life line. I usually buy two of everything. Heaven help me if my electric blanket gave out. Thank you for letting me know nothing lasts forever. I will order a backup tomorrow. Sad to say I have been quite ill. If I can’t have a Poppy I do need my electric blanket ๐Ÿญ. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete